Re: [microsound] industry loses big!!!!??

Erm....

Do any of you actually make your living from having your music published and
sold?
Myself and some of my friends do. It kind of puts a different perspective on
things for you.
And suprise, now glitch/electronic music is a 'lifestyle choice' file
sharing/cdr is
undoubtably second nature. So electronic music is currently the most
saturated, duped and disposable genre around.
This does ultimately effect those for whom it is ther job. I wonder if
people would photocopy entire books rather than buy them?
I do copy stuff, of course, but i don't like doing it, especially from
independent artists/labels (which is most microsound type stuff)
I'd rather be giving something back to the person that gave me the music (if
its not shit of course!)
so that they can perhaps spend another hour or so writing new stuff not
having to go to the office..
Also, some people gig out new track before they have them ready for release,
but now, the tracks are out on the net, before the gig is over.
Say people check out the tracks and don't like em, don't buy/get the
record.. Thats the point, the tracks werent meant for this, they are an
experiment,
but someone else has taken them and put them out of context? fair enough,
but should this make the artist refuse to try stuff live
or play new tracks until the record is out. I agree with the earlier
comments that mp3 hoarding is often just a fashion choice like label buying.
Ive probably got 3 mp3s on my machine and a shed load of vinyl... it sounds
better:)