Re: [microsound] cassettes: live or memorex

------=_NextPart_000_008B_01C2C242.5EB140A0

 Although I hate ubiquitous music as much as anyone ,I cannot agree with =
this concept that massification has devalued music , and that  would be =
the justification for free music.=20

The moral justification for file-sharing is simply all over the Geneva =
Convention, the international agreement that regulate copyrights. Courts =
all over the world have judged that file-sharing is not a copyright =
breach, as long as it does not involve profit for any of the parts. That =
has been the understanding that a vast majority of judges outside the US =
have been having on the issue ,ever since the first case against =
file-sharing softwares came to court.=20

 Let's not overdo the power of the American EMpire.  RiAA or the US =
Congress cannot change an international agreement.  They could close =
down Napster because it was under the US jurisdiction ,where the RIAA =
lobby and the power of the entertainment industry is more readily felt, =
but they won'T be able to close Gnutella or Kazaa.=20

Let's face it ,  music in stereo is going to be free for download , this =
is an inevitable fact of life, and the Internet will be for the music of =
the 21st century ,like radio was for the 20th century, the prime media =
for music promotion.=20

If music industry , instead of spending millions of dollars on lawyers =
to spin the law, have concentrated their efforts on selling the surround =
sound format to the music consumers, all of this discussion would be =
meaningless , like CD rendered all that crap about "home taping is =
killing music"( remenber"?) obsolete.=20

The future is definitly coming, is useless to fight it ..  =20

Beni     =20
  ----- Original Message -----=20