Re: [microsound] mp3 redux

------=_NextPart_000_47953_01C2C27A.B7BC8820

>> but did you steal those mp3:s or had the artists decided to make them
>> available for download as promotion?
>>
>> there is a world of difference.
>
>not if both scenarios result in the purchase of said CD...your
conjecture is
>true only if you do not buy a CD...

But I think the real question is who gets to decide how music is
distributed. The OP's implication seems to be that musicians should have
absolute say over everything that happens to their music. But to me, the
idea that the author should have absolute control over culture seems a
bit, pardon the pun, authoritarian. Speaking as an author myself, I feel
like there should be a process of negotiation between producers and
audience regarding the flow of cultural wealth.

Get the FREE email that has everyone talking at
http://www.mail2world.com

------=_NextPart_000_47953_01C2C27A.B7BC8820--