Re: [microsound] organic computers

Yes sir! You are beginning to get the idea. But note that on-line distribution (like MP3) is an *extremely* environmentally expensive way to disitribute. Every single listener needs a computer, spend a lot of time on-line to find anything worth downloading. Download a bunch of bits. Store all those bits. And then use the computer whenever you listen (cause if you burn a CDR you are really in the company of Dow Chemical). Or possible buy a lot of yuppie-style MD/MP3 gadgets. You are using a lot of energy (including human).

The real question is: why are everybody so obsessed with releasing their stuff?

Causing all this waste of serveral types of energy?

People are releasing stuff on CD, CDR and MP3 and spamming media and on-line services completely without merit and even without having performed it in public even once (and even less based on positive feedback from an audience other than their mother and her cat).