list etiquette redux

Hi folks.
I know this has been mentioned before... but please, please, please
trim your reply posts.  Many of us here are on the digest diet, and
rereading the same post several times gets just as fattening on the ol'
inbox.  In the last digest, there was one post with six levels of
lengthy quotation!  I think we all can agree that that is a tad
ridiculous.  All that is needed is the relevant sentence or two. Thanks
to everyone that does indeed consider this when responding.
-page