Re: [microsound] M-Audio Firewire Audio Interface ATTN: Kim

That was me that posted that... and, man, what a pain: M-Audio doesn't
have anything about it (it's called the Firewire 401) on their site yet
(and as far as I can tell the midiman.com url is the same site). I
couldn't remember the exact site where I'd read about this, so I googled
for it. And, well, sometimes google seems so lacking. I've been
searching for a half hour and I've managed to come up with this:

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=990

There was another page I found last week that had a forum on it; that's
where I read something about it having  24/96 resolution. Apparently,
this was M-Audio's big surprise at the show... none of the NAMM coverage
I've seen has mentioned it. In fact, the way I found out about it was
that I asked in a tech support question to M-Audio why they hadn't done
any firewire stuff. The response I got was something like: "can't
comment until after NAMM." So, last week I started searching and came up
with the page above.

It doesn't look like they're gonna have them out on the market for
awile, but it should be a nice interface. I've been frustrated that all
the firewire audio stuff on the market are multitrack... don't need
multitrack. Oh the other nice thing about this box is that it can draw
power from the firewire bus... which will be nice for all you laptop
performers out there...

Hope this helps...Hope you actually see this post with all the static on
the list today! ;o)

I'll let you know if I come across that other page.