Re: [microsound] Sharp MD MT-831

At 4:16 PM +0200 1/31/03, Apostolos Damialis wrote:
>I found that a local store sells these for about 140 euros...
>Do you think this is a good deal? I was not going to buy a minidisc
>recorder, but I think that it is quite cheap!
>Anyone having experience with the particular Sharp? Is it good for field
>recordings or similar stuff??? And with which microphone???

I had to order this unit from Japan at a much higher price several
years ago and have been very happy with it; the sound quality is
excellent and its size and battery life make it ideal for field
recordings.  With the AT-822 stereo microphone it has served
wonderfully as a sound collection jar.  The low price is probably due
to the fact that the machine has been out for several years - by now
there are newer and smaller machines with options for very long
recording times and computer connections - but the 831 nevertheless
is a lovely little morsel of technology and well worth those Euros.

Happy lunar new year...
--
Joshua Maremont / Thermal - mailto:thermal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Boxman Studies Label - http://www.boxmanstudies.com/