[Fwd: [AfroFuturism] Arundhati Roy: Confronting Empire] [OT]

--------------9BB126A71028D461F91FB673

"When George Bush says "you're either with us, or you are with the
terrorists" we can say "No thank you." We can let him know that the
people of the world do not need to choose between a Malevolent Mickey
Mouse and the Mad Mullahs.

Our strategy should be not only to confront empire, but to lay siege to
it. To deprive it of oxygen. To shame it. To mock it. With our art, our
music, our literature, our stubbornness, our joy, our brilliance, our
sheer relentlessness - and our ability to tell our own stories. Stories
that are different from the ones we're being brainwashed to believe.
The corporate revolution will collapse if we refuse to buy what they are
selling - their ideas, their version of history, their wars, their
weapons, their notion of inevitability.

Remember this: We be many and they be few. They need us more than we
need them.

Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I
can hear her breathing."

Here is the whole article as posted by Paul D. Miller/DJ SpooKy in the afrofuturism mailing list.  Might be of interest to some people in this list, too:

--------------9BB126A71028D461F91FB673

	by grebe.mail.pas.earthlink.net with esmtp (Exim 3.33 #1)
	id 18fGci-0001uz-00; Sun, 02 Feb 2003 01:41:12 -0800