Re: [microsound] "Self-indulgent Electronic Meanderings" [OT? you decide]

> One thing that seems relatively unaddressed in all the discussion
> generated by our newest troll is the kind of relationship that we want
> to engender between our music and the "outside world".
Or are our 0's and 1's going to
> flow towards a critique of the increasing digitization of power?

Phil, these are probably the right questions, but they are surely the ones
each one of us should only be asking him/herself. And even then - they are
meaningless, 'cause the banal truth is that if your heart is troubled by
what's happening in the world, it will reflect in your art. And if your
heart is not inside your art, then what is this art good for?
This is of course not to say we shouldn't discuss these issues on the list,
or else what is this list good for?

BTW, did anyone else notice that the purpose of the list existence is being
discussed much more lately? Or was it always like this and I am only
starting to recognize this now? Anyways I see it as a welcome tendency as
questioning one's being is the first step toward next level of
consciousness.

Optimistically.

Ant