Re: [microsound] RIAA takes soulseek down

....er, likely hoax alert...

This just in from Slyck.com (http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=77):

     Information on Soulseek
            February 4, 2003
            Thomas Mennecke

            For the last 24 hours, the popular Soulseek network and website
has been unavailable to its wide userbase. Because their host cache uses the
same IP address as their web server (Shareaza revisited), the network is not
accessible. Information gathered by Napjunk.com reports that the lone
operator of Soulseek, Nir, is simply switching web hosts. From Napjunk

      steve says: Hey, I've had several users e-mail me and msg me on
AIM/MSN asking if Soulseek was down, since a lot of users seem to be having
problems connecting to the network. Was wondering if ya could tell me what's
up so i can have something to tell them other than "i don't know, check back
later to see if we find anything out"

      Nir Says: Yeah, it's gonna be down for about three days. We're
switching providers.

      --charmtrap