[sf]u.t.r.//TONIGHT:tuesday:2-11-03

under the radar // 2003
mirror site: http://www.geocities.com/zygotesf/
main site (down):  www.undertheradar.net

TONIGHT! }}}}
TUESDAY 02.11.03

under the radar //

26Mix (Mission @ 26th)
21+, $3 donation, no one turned away for lack of funds.

::::Sote - Warp Records, Dielectric
http://www.warprecords.com/frameset.php?section=/mart/release_frames.php?cat=WAP157

Sote is Ata Ebtekar. He is a German born Iranian alien. He has over 10 years
experience in music producion as a composer, producer and sound designer. He
has formal training in analog and digital audio engineering (B.S. in
Comprehensive Sound Arts). He used to be the music director of "Motorized"
show on college radio. Now, he is producing a 2-hour weekly show for
XM-Radio (Satellite). Also, he is collaborating with friends on a cooking
show for local tv called "Iran-Chef". He is also a resident at Konstrust,
which is also at 26Mix.

::::V.V. (throat, crippled intellect, crank satori, aesova)
http://www.v---v.net/

V.V. (Ven Voisey) is a sound artist and sclulptor from Oakland,  California.
He is a producer and a consumer. He drives a Honda. He wears Carhartt pants
and a Dickies jacket.  He buys his liquor and food at Trader Joe's
(occasionally Pak 'n Save). He regularly purchases recordings of sad songs.
He listens to the thick hum of his silly little life. He discovers some
sense of balance. He has found that the production of sound is the natural
reaction to listening, as a part of a communication cycle. He believes that
the term "communication" does not necessarily imply meaning or context,
rather, it is a simple process of give and take. This is where he currently
finds himself: within the process. He creates, records, manipulates,
recomposes, and projects sounds (with the aid of various machinery) as an
active participant of the process.

::::OVO (luumu, gizmo labs, tyke)
http://www.weareovo.com/

OVO....the message of the OVOEN. They are spiritual enablers who evolved
beyond the concept of brutality many millennia ago here on earth. They are
guides for spiritual evolution. They are here to help connect us with the
life that is, has been and will be here in our world and the universe. We
are but nothing in the grand Enlightening. We are also late in the game. We
have been wallowing in childish ignorance for too long. But now we know what
we are doing, and that is "The Most Painful Place."

::::IMPROVISATIONAL SOUNDS

In our ongoing commitment to forward-thinking music, u.t.r.// is proud to
present the following groups, who will be performing music that willfully
invites chaos and moments of beauty.

Group1: (laptop and amplified trumpet duo)
::::Tom Djll
http://www.bayimproviser.com/artistdetail.asp?artist_id=137

::::Tim Perkis
http://www.artifact.com/perkis/

Group2: (guitant, access virus synth, laptop, voice, processing and
processed soprano sax )
::::Ernesto Diaz-Infante
http://www.paxrecordings.com/ernesto/

::::Tim Thompson
http://www.nosuch.com/tjt/index.html

::::Joseph Zitt
http://www.josephzitt.com/

::::David Slusser
http://www.bayimproviser.com/artistdetail.asp?artist_id=63

:::: VIDEO AND VISUAL PERFORMANCE

David Elinoff

David Elinoff (aka ELINOFF) is an intermedia art-maker
and performer. Working with sound and light, primarily
through the medium of film, his work materially
encompasses the traditions of pure abstract cinema,
abstract expressionism, action painting, color field,
minimalism, and musique concrete, in order to
articulate the environment and enduce a regime change
of the mind.

Recent works, including "Forming a Shore Fit for
Pandemonium" and "Severest Punishment for the Adorers
and Image Makers", utilize mutiple 16mm motion
analyzer projectors - supposed spoils of the 'Peace
Dividend'.  In performance, Elinoff obliquely
addresses issues of culture, technology, and
ecology while creating figures which superficially
appear intended to bemuse or entertain. Through
further engagement they reveal themselves as having
created a space to contemplate and, hopefully, entrain
the viewer.

---------------------------------------

UPCOMING 2/25/03 at under the radar //

::Uprock (Tigerbeat6 / Kelp and Circuits)
::Len Patterson
::David Slusser
::Scott Looney
::Lance Grabmiller