Re: [microsound] Help me get started in PD?

there's a directory of example patches that are a great place to start.
in your pd install directory, go to the doc directory and explore.  you
can also access them through the program by going to the help menu and
selecting 'pure documentation' which will open you up into the doc
directory.

you can also read documentation for Max/MSP from cycling74's website.
while pd does not have the same objects, they do share a lot in common,
and if you're not familiar with the max/pd/jmax family of programs, it's
a good resource of information.

the pd mailing list is great; the user community there is generally
really friendly and willing to help you with any questions.

also, in general, rt-clicking on an object will pop up a help patch for
that object if you don't remember the exact info for it.  if you don't
even know what objects are available, you can rt-click on the canvas and
choose help which will open up the 0.INTRO.txt file that's in the
doc/5.reference directory (you might want to print that file out for
reference).  that lists all the basic objects.

hope that helps,
steven