Audiophile Zombie

--0-1882823142-1045943494=:46489

Amen to that! Walking dead right here. The other night I had a whole gaggle of 'em jammin' in my home studio. Bunch of freaks... Ohh but those weren't instruments just electonic devices that when engaged by the human being simulate live instrumentation. But in all seriousness it was the first time in a long time when I didn't find myself creating a sequence, I was playing in real time with other musicians. It sure felt alot more alive than anything I've created in years. I guess some electronic music does seem cold, without life. Blips and tweets from algorithmic devices are great, intersting, seemingly new, untold, but algorithms will never replace the human musician. Creativity is a purley human characteristic no device will be able to create, with the same purity of heart and mind, any form of art be it music or otherwise.  Biological and digital Collaboration, augmentation of the human intellect was the reason that our digital forefathers, specifically Vannaver Bush http://www.artmuseum.net/w2vr/timeline/Bush.html and Douglas Engelbart http://www.artmuseum.net/w2vr/timeline/Engelbart.html, started down this path. Cybernetics, enhanced humanity, amplified being, this is the future, it won't be a Terminator scenario that leaves biology behind. Anyway I had forgotten how fun it is to jam .
 Ohh and don't worry the world of fossil fuel tycoons know it will dry up soon, hydrogen engines have been here for decades but GM the current leader in the development of a "New Automotive paradigm" says it won't be ready for market until at least 2010. They just want to suck the earth dry, hey it's profitable right?. Hell someday it might be profitable to seem enviormentally conciouss.
peace and love