Re: [microsound] microsound

on 2/23/21 7:05 PM, Sage Brooks at petbodyisacontainer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I have been told of this list from Gus, Granuloid 666 or Horror Media or
> N0-age Records. http://n0-age.shorturl.com  I am also friends of Monobond
> http://www.mindwerk.dk/pale_mother.
>
> My project is called DeepGrave Min Og Dog.  I'll tell a little about myself.
> I began making electronic music in 96 with my sc-50 and some technics
> sequencer.  I've been in a few bands and I got tired of the industrial scene.
> Alone in 2001 with a few keyboards I began dropping current rules of music
> making.  I found love in improvisation and analog modular patching.  Now I am
> getting tired of my current methods of music making and don't know what I am
> evolving into.  I really want to work with people and not just be a loner.
> Maybe I use music to fulfill my social needs and that is wrong, I do not know.
> All in all, I use my music in DeepGrave to reprogram my thinking back to
> normal kind of like Individual Totem.  I used to live in Italy and there I
> went ballistic.  I want to gain control again and when I get to that point I
> plan to begin making more loops and sampling and composition again with
> learned improvised techniques.  Right now I do a form of analog therapy with
> knobs and pedals and buttons.  I need help.
>
> Sage

Hi,

  What do you mean by 'going ballistic'? Getting violent ? Going off on
people ?  It sounds like a combination of inspiration and frustration.

  Perhaps you should identify what it is esentially you would like to
accomplish and then try to find out what is available, what already exists.
By researching in this manner you have two chances at success. If you find
someone already realizing your highest ideals; perhaps you can make
friends.If no-one is accomplishing what you wish to happen, you may have
found your'niche'.

  It might be a good idea to just listen to things; sounds presented as
music and those just occurring normally throughout the course of
existence.This gives you an understanding of sound in a pure sense, distinct
from an attribute of cost, what gear is used , old , new and might help you
produce something you really want to hear.

  Also, it might be an idea to describe what you want in completely
extra-musical terms: What do the people look like ? What do they wear, eat ?
How do they perform ? Subtly ? Campy ? What is the dialogue like and how
long do they talk about things before accomplishing something ?

                           Bill