Dusted Theories

Well...I'm astonished at this response to our CD. It was truly a
collaborative work in that it was created over a series of real time
conversations and exchanges and we each provided an equal measure of sound.

It's that constant searching for the author within contemporary artistic
expression - where does the line exist? You search for a 'sound assignable
' to me as Scanner when it fact I like to think I have a voice that alters
in a deceptive manner. If you were familiar with my work with Carsten
Nicolai (Uniform CD) you would hear one voice, my work with David Shea on
Sub Rosa another, my work with Salvatore Sciarrino a fragile classical
work, my own solo work something else.

If time permitted Kim and I could strip down the CD into it's parts and
locate and point to the source of each part, yet one surface is so moulded
into the next that what I enjoy is the loss of identity in some ways, the
ability to lose yourself within the frame of the work, dissolving
individual egos into a new identity in some ways.

But goodness me, I'm very content with this release and hope that the
second volume in the series is equally bewildering to listeners ;-)

Best wishes

Robin Rimbaud

=46rom: "tobias c. van Veen" <tobias@xxxxxxxxxxx>