microsound accounts/book group reminder

list members:
- you do not need a new hotline server account/password for each project

- you need to keep track of your information...I cannot do this for you as
we now have somewhere in the order of 1000 accounts and besides I don't hav=
access to password info after I've created one for you...they are
automatically =80=80=80=80=80'd

- each time you forget your account info and ask me for another account I
can only assign you a new pswd...

- the deadline for the Ripple/Stone project is March 1st

- the =BC (Pi) Project deadline  is March 10th

- book group info again:
-
'Microsound' by Curtis Roads won with the most votes...this is how I would
like to conduct the book club:

- we will all have until May 1st to get a copy of the book...anyone with a
lead on used copies (used textbooks, etc) please post to the list?
- there will be one monthly session on the microsound server where we will
discuss a chapter (or chapters depending on what everyone is able to get
through due to work, family, etc)
- I will moderate the monthly sessions online in the format of a chat
session
- the rules are simple: contributing to discussion is OK, lurking is fine,
insults and disruptive behavior are not...you will get booted off the serve=
if you are insulting or disruptive
- the discussion will NOT be guided but will be open to follow its own
course (within limits)
- I will be out of the country for one week in June and another week in Jul=
so we will have to pick dates that work around my schedule as well as
everyone else's
- all the sessions will be conducted in English
- each session will be 2 hours maximum
- there will only be one session per chapter (or section of the book again
depending on what everyone is able to digest)
- the session will take place on the weekend so all time-zones can
participate

also, I'd like to thank all the suggestions for books that came in after th=
voting started...they will be considered for the next book club this fall..=

more updates as we get closer to the May 1st date
I  received word from MIT Press that they are offering the book group a 20%
discount on Curtis Roads book MICROSOUND.
In order to get the discount, the code MNROADS can be entered during the
check out process on the MIT Press web site.

http://mitpress.mit.edu/0262182157 is the link.

normal price: $47.95
w/ 20% discount: $38.36

this of course does *not* include shipping or handling=20