Re: this list is the most banal disinteresting one that i've everreceived 2000+ posts from

> but c'mon - not
> > everything is good!  not every piece of music is worth listening to!
> > everytime you record something with your minidisc player - it isn't
> > neccesarily art!   not everytime you listen to mozart are you stuck in the
> > past or failing to move forward!   not everything that hurts your ears in
> > beautiful!  everytime you mention some artist or work doesn't mean you are
> > any closer to its genius!  everytime you use Pi in a compositional process
> > doesn't make it experimental!  everytime you make something that the
> > majority of the world's population doesn't "understand",  that doesn't
> make
> > mean you're doing something new, something worth sharing, something that
> is
> > art!

blah blah blah blah, reminds me of all those "acoustic" musicians who
complain about electronic music being lifeless, or "composers"
complaining that improvised music go nowhere, or "classical"
afficionados complaining that modern music is senseless...  i've heard
this rant millions of times, it's always the same one, only with minor
variations.  i just wish you were a bit more entertaining, or original,
in your complaint.

> > but don't think that what
> > goes on on this list has any importance in any other way.

well, that certainly makes your post all the more superfluous.

have a nice day
~ david