*filenaming*

microsounders,
for some reason I'm unable to rename files (I can rename folders)on the
server due to some snafu with the Hotline server...there are instructions on
the Stone and Ripple page on filenaming conventions we use on the server...I
neglected to include these on the Pi Project page due to time constraints
but please take the time to familiarize yourselves with the proper way to
name files on the server...
in a nutshell:
- please do NOT use any char's except alphanumerics in the filename
- do NOT use any non alphanumeric chars in the filename EXCEPT for the
_under_bar_underscore_
   - this means no  S  P  A  C  E  S  , no .P.E.R.I.O.D.S., no
-H-Y-P-H-E-N-S-,
   -  _U_N_D_E_R_B_A_R_S_  are OK
   - you must start the filename with an alpha char and NOT a numeric char
- example of incorrect filenames: 'my.file is @ready-to-go%.mp3', '123Q.mp3'
- example of correct filenames: 'myFileIsReady_to_go.mp3', 'Q123.mp3'

FOLDERS:
- correct folder name: 'myFolder drop box"
- incorrect folder name:  'my folder dropbox', my-folder-dropbox', 'my
folder_drop_box'

thanks!
KIM