M.D.O. in E.U.

The Mutant Data Orchestra will be in contintental Europe for the month of April and is looking for more shows to play. If anyone knows of places this Seattle/Amsterdam project could play at please contact John off list.

Thanks,
John Bain

Shows currently scheduled:

Edith-Russ-site For Media Art
Oldenburg, Germany
Friday, 28 March 2003, 8 pm

This is for the opening of Mark Bains "Sonosphere" installation where we will be playing through a 6 meter tall inflatable sphere.

http://www.oldenburg.de/edith-russ-haus/index-english.html

Edith-Ruß-Haus für Medienkunst
Katharinenstraße 23
D-26121 Oldenburg

)toon)-4 festival van geluid en beeld met elektronica als grondslag
Haarlem Netherlands

woensdag 23 april
Openings-performance Mark Bain (M.D.O.)
Nieuwe Vide Centraal; 20.00 uur; gratis
Verwulft 11 (t/o V&D)
2011 GJ Haarlem
023 5318463

This will Have the Mutant Data Orchestra playing through 4 large Bose bass tubes.

http://www.toonfestival.nl/

Mutant Data Orchestra:
John Bain - modified electronics
Mark Bain - architectural acoustics, sound processing

The Mutant Data Orchestra, consisting of the twin brothers John and Mark Bain, rewires the products of our digital society to expose the hidden agents within. Through live circuit modification of digital answering machines, cheap digital toys and sound instruments the performers manipulate the data pathways and exert on their sound production without the use of a conventional software interface. These sonic generators produce shards of noise with auto-improvised stabs of high pitched bell and cello tones. At times one can hear the intermeshing of data as a liquid waterfall of sonic information.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup