Re: [microsound] music from Iraq?

>From: <kyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Are computers allowed to be exported to Iraq under current UN trade
>sanctions?

As far as I can tell, no.  But computers can still be acquired in other
ways.  I found an old article from 2000 that says:

"Despite the sanctions, computer companies and related stores are sprouting
up in Baghdad. Shops selling or renting compact discs have become so
numerous authorities have begun requiring owners to register with the
Information Ministry.  Computers and laptops with the latest Pentium
processors are available, mostly via the United Arab Emirates. Iraq?s new
class of computer entrepreneurs attributes its existence to the scrapping of
customs duties on computer imports and lowered taxes on computer businesses.
  Individuals, however, do not yet have the freedom to set up their own
networking companies. "