Re: [microsound] sci-fi cinema and music

Let me show some serious geek here, in one star trek next generation episode
the captain gets a sort of son he has to take care of for a while, the kid
is human but raised by aliens, typical plot.  But in one scene the captain
walks in and hears the kid listening to some loud music from his culture.
He says turn off that racket, etc.  They found some seriously strange music
for that scene, it was while ago so I don't really remember.  Also, techno
club in Virtuosity.  There must have been something in AI, but I'll never
watch it again without a gun to my head.  Futuristic pop godess thingy from
the Macross movie, or one of them.  Like many anime characters, interesting
idea but just short of being really great.  It's wierd, but it seems the
only music most sci-fi characters listen to is from the classical/romatic
era.  I'm sure Johnny Neumonic had something as well.  There are many club
scenes in Strange Days, it's hard to say the music isn't appropriate since
it was supposed to take place a few years ago...  Predator 2 is worth
looking at.  What's up with sci-fi and rastafarianism?  That's all my brain
can make up right now...
Rob