Re: [microsound] sci fi cinema

Albert, I don't think he was being re-conditioned during this scene. I think it was just leisure time in front of the tube so to speak, part of his ongoing state sponsored conditioning routine.

 However, THX finds he can't relax as he usually does. That's because his roommate has fucked with his daily medications salad. She wants to wake him up. She wants him to join her in discovering an alternative to the reality as prescribed by the state; one that is inner rather than outer-directed.

It's been awhile since I saw it but perhaps there are underlying meanings to the content of what THX channel surfs through for viewers to read into I guess.

If I could, I'd take Rob's tip to see it on the scifi channel.

Also this website has audio clips and a good synopsis of the film:
http://www2.latech.edu/~mike/thx.html