use of WMD in the past

The subject of WMD is best discussed historically (Winston Churchill
introduced poison gas in Afghanistan long ago). The 60s saw Swine
Flu devastate the Cuban hog population, and starvation, the intended
result, killed hundreds. It was spread by the CIA, as reveled in the
1970s Church/Pike congressional hearings.

In addition to using WMD in WWII and in Vietnam - Agent Orange and
napalm were used - it seems poison gas was secretly used against
civilians as well, according to fired CNN journalists. Look up
"Operation Tailwind" and April Oliver. The book "Into The Buzzsaw"
describes what happens to such stories.

It is also worth pointing out that the very definition of WMD is up
for argument.  For example, the US is trying to argue that the use
of DU (Depleted Uranium) weapons in not using WMD. These weapons,
according to the very military official tasked to study them, are
totally evil and no doubt should be classified as WMD.

http://www.rense.com/general33/donot.htm

The US is using chemical weapons today in several Latin American
countries, according to farmer's groups.
http://www.corpwatch.org/issues/PRT.jsp?articleid=1988
http://www.counterpunch.org/stclair1224.html
http://www.imagenlatinoamericana.com/salud/salud.asp

Finally it is possible we might use them in IraQ!!
http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v03/n094/a05.html?229

We are not signatory to the treaties involving land mines, chemical
and biological weapons and have threatened preemptive strikes with
Nuclear Weapons. What else can you say? This is a country that wants
one set of rules for itself and a few key geopolitical allies - and
another for everyone else. Some of the more chilling possibilities
for the use of biological weapons today are staggering and will no
doubt come out in time - at least some of them. They include
genetically altered flu, AIDS and even gene-specific weapons,
nanotech weapons, and such things as West Nile. Bio weapons are by
far the most dangerous.

The only country which has been able for decades to research and
test genetics with weaponry is - the USA. We tested chemical weapons
on our own soldiers in the Pacific in the 50s. Do we test bio
weapons too?
http://english.pravda.ru/war/2002/10/10/37987.html

The USA is not alone but clearly preeminent in the use of WMD.
Indeed we have helped Iraq TARGET Iranians with poison gas weapons.
I cannot recommend highly enough a book by Charles Pillar - Gene
Wars. It is a classic.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely - that's what I was taught. Don't
expect differently because this is the USA.

I have made my amends with Rudy, :)
I hope this is also useful reading.
http://www.gyre.org/bibliography/Biological%20Warfare