Re: [microsound] the word nutcase

This is a  good argument - but only if you are willing to discuss WHY the
hatred for the US and israel. The Jewish writer Norman Finkelstein has a couple
good books.
http://www.normanfinkelstein.com/

His parents are holocaust victims.

I suggest that israel has not always acted in good faith - and does not ever
intend to give up settlements entirely. Therefore much of the Arab world has
over time gotten to hate Israel. There is a sense of racism as well - listen to
the way Natanyahu speaks. Twas not always thus.  The civilization in Spain
under Moorish rule was relatively peaceful to Christians and Jews.
http://www.twbookmark.com/books/52/0316566888/

Saddam Hussein is not a "nutcase" - he is a rational actor, who had a very
harsh childhood,  who has an inflated sense of his place in history (like
Bush), and a lot of CIA asset experience. There is a new book on his
psychological profile (actually, several).
I saw the author, no fan of Saddam, deny that he is mad. He may be in some way
delusional, but so is G.W. and so are many of us at times.

It was very rational from his POV to fight Iran - this conflict is very old.
Iran is much more powerful. That is why the US helped arm Iraq. To divide and
slaughter. Indeed that is our reason for backing Israel, sadly. I wish our
leaders had not been so anti-Semitic in the 40s, but they (still) were. Today I
hear the same fear and racism coning from Israelis talking about Arabs,
Persians, Muslims and Palestinians. Watch the words and you'll see.

Also, Sharon is likely to be charged with war crimes from the 1980s. However
Israel IMO should exist and within the original UN mandate. Without WMD!!! With
inspections.

The origins of israel are interesting and must be studied. Finkelstein's book
"Image And Reality," shows it warts and all.
I don't buy going back 200 years myself- if we did that, we'd have to deed this
land back to the original inhabitants.

Who asks the questions must not be affaid to face the answers, and the hatred
that is directed against us will evaporate when and if the inequities are
worked on fairly - not with advantage being used unfairly.