Re: [microsound] war

spw wrote:

> The problem with Sadam H. is he can not be trusted and he is a ruthless
> leader.
> Why do you want diplomacy with Iraq when you can not trust the government?
> Because country's like France, Germany, and Russia who oppose the war have
> huge "deals"
> with Iraq so there is much financial interest in objecting this war.

True.  The same is true for American interests in this war.

> I'm talking about Islamic Fundamentalist, people behind terrorist attacks
> such as 9/11 which
> targets the American civilian population, not  Islam.

Are you really sure it was Islamic fundamentalists who planned the
attack on the WTC?
http://www.erichufschmid.net/PainfulQuestionsTOC.html

> I support United States as a super power, I much rather see US dominance of
> the world and
> eventually a New World Order promoting a more modern technological system of
> living
> where people do have the freedom of expression something some of you list
> members do not
> understand or take for granted.

Freedom of expression? Look what happens to anti-war protesters in the
U.S. at the moment.

"In San Francisco, police arrested over 1,000 protesters."
http://nyc.indymedia.org/archive/features/2003/03/2003-03.html#7936

Best,

Dagmar