RE: [microsound] KYMA/symbolic sound?

> As for my relatively uniformed opinion, most of the functions
> available can be achieved natively for cheaper.

The power of Kyma/Capybara is not the DSP hardware, but the software.  =
If
Symbolic Sound decides that the hardware is made redundant with the =
power of
home PCs they will release the product as a software-only package.

Also, as someone also said, once you start piling up the required number =
of
native software packages that are required to achieve the same
functionality, you easily find yourself in the same price region.  And I
doubt Symbolic Sound's upgrade policy is rivalled by any of the native
software vendors.

Cheers,
Paulo.
http://www.dmethods.com/0010minimal