RE: [microsound] <OT> clear channels ties to bush

>From: "Richard Costelloe" <rcostelloe@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: "microsound" <microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>I encourage everyone in the States to at least take a peak at the
>the influence they have in their local community. - Richard

The clear channel folks have had major influence in the 3 cities I've lived
in the past couple of years.  (Birmingham, Orlando, Nashville).

Orlando was the only city to openly show there lack of interest in Corporate
radio control with a nice supply of pirate radio...I'd be curious to hear if
any pirate station has expressed political standpoints as it would be pretty
easy for the government to shut it down.

This topic has interested me since recording school when they told us of
Clear Channel's control over radio and live sound during one of our live
sound classes. I didn't know of there ties to Bush...frightening.