Steve Roden and Jeffrey Roden at Quiet [So Cal]

After apologizing for crossposting, I would like to announce a new concert
series, "Quiet," featuring microsound, lowercase, phonography, and other
forms of quiet music in an intimate space.  For the "official" premiere of
Quiet, I am proud to announce that Steve Roden, Jeffrey Roden, and I will
perform solo sets and, after intermission, in an improvised trio.

I hope that those listmembers in Southern California will be interested in
attending.

Thanks.

G.

Quiet
SATURDAY, APRIL 12, 2003

*Steve Roden (electronics)
*Jeffrey Roden (bass guitar)
*Glenn Bach (electronics)

The concert begins at 8:00 p.m. sharp; doors open at 7:30 p.m.

Quiet is a private party, with a $10 suggested donation.  Please e-mail me
off-list(gbach@xxxxxxxxx) for an invitation and directions (Southern
California).

+++++

Jeffrey Roden is a bassist/composer from Los Angeles. His music focuses on
the electric bass as a solo and melodic voice. His quiet, reflective
compositions are infused with bursts of improvised solos. He has released
several CDs on the Big Tree Music label--all of which have received airplay
on KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic. His work has received international
press, and he has performed at various venues and festivals, including the
Beyond Music Festival of Experimental Music and the first Day of Attention.

Steve Roden is a visual and sound artist from Los Angeles. His work
includes painting, drawing, sculpture, films, and sound installation. The
sound works are presented with an aesthetic Roden describes as "lower
case"--a sound that is concerned with subtlety and the quiet activity of
listening. His visual and sound works have been exhibited in museums,
galleries and arts spaces internationally. Recent performances include MIT
in Boston, and the MCASD in San Diego.