Bucky Balls and Screaming Cells - LA Weekly Article

http://www.laweekly.com/ink/03/20/features-wertheim.php

A little taste of the article:
At the moment, however, it is not molecules that are exercising Gimzewski's
attention, but cells. He has zoomed out, as it were, and in doing so has hit
upon something that may usher in a powerful new field of medical
diagnostics. Gimzewski has discovered that living cells generate
high-pitched sounds, a cytological song whose harmonies potentially encode a
hidden language of health and disease. If we can decipher this microscopic
symphony, we may be able to hear the difference between sick and healthy
cells.