Re: [microsound] war

America isn't nirvana, nowhere would be - no doubt we could improve

But stop the blabber about us having the most "freedom" -
US is 17th in press freedom
http://www.e-thepeople.org/a-national/article/12706/view?viewtype=best

Others statistics involving pollution, child mortality, health care etc. show
America in a poor light. Just because I am OK doesn't mean most of my
countrymen are.  I myself (I think also Rudy) have lived in many places - so it
is a bit easier to compare systems fairly. I like the pace of life and many of
the values in certain Arabic countries I've visited.

Oregon law to equate certain protests with "terror" (sound like Saddam?)
http://www.rense.com/general36/warpro.htm

BTW - our "allies" in the "moderate" Arab states and Israel produced so much
hated of America with the cutting of of hands, the torture, and the bulldozing
of homes, the fighting unfair fights with disproportionate armies - that is why
9-11 happened.

A statement like "they hate our freedoms" is essentially so undefined as to be
rendered meaningless. Perhaps "they" hate the fact that America takes the
dignity out of life with its non stop hypocrisy, racism and objectification of
religion, children, sex and commerce.

Yes a Lexus is just yuppie porn.  I used to like living here more when
"science" hadn't helped us all so much. To use one example, the US highway
system. (did you see the one in Baghdad? Guess who built it and took the
cash?).

I still love lots of America and lots of Americans - but facts are facts.
Btw Rudy - we were told things about the former USSR like "all religion has
been wiped out and all religious leaders killed"  in the 60s and 70s (also the
same kind of equating all civilians with leadership or the supposed doctrine).
Much much more. Propaganda works well when mixed with truth. When I read
"Cancer Ward" it was the first time I knew there WAS a Soviet dissident!! I was
told you were all fire breathing, true believer "evil" commies until Alexander
Solzhenitsyn.

No doubt you have also gathered we won WWII w/o much help except from Churchill
(the man who gassed Afghanistan). We "rescued" the French etc.
tim