Re: [microsound] archives

Phil, et. al.,

>If that were true, then they wouldn't be accessible via email. What I'm
>trying to find out is if the archives which are accessible via email
>requests can be converted to an online, web-searchable archive. If they
>can be had via email, then they're already on a server. Only that it's
>a mail server, not a web server. So if the server can be configured to
>be web-accessible, and then have some kind of interface, then maybe we
>could have some archives.

Not against having the list archived somewhere but definitely against having
my email readily available for a web-based email scavenger harvesting it for
spamming purposes.

The few times I have seen list archives available on the web this is exactly
what happened! So if it goes ahead please figure some way of making sure
email addresses are not easily available for the spammers to have a field
day.

Thanks,

John

Hotmail now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_mobile.asp