Re: [microsound] whale/dolphin

Hey Tim,

I recorded elephant seals on a beach south of San Francisco ~ but not
underwater ... :)  There's an excerpt of their very odd call up on my
site, if you look at the SF Bay field recording page under 'Ano Nuevo.'

I've heard of people constructing hydrophones with contact mics sealed in
hot glue at the end of very long mic cables ~ I think Jeremiah Moore might
have experimented with this technique, I think there's contact info at
his site:

 http://www.northstation.net/

(Incidentally if you hit:

 http://www.northstation.net/sounds/

you can d/l a 15 MB mp3 of the musique concrete lullaby 'Lull' he
presented on March 28 at Field Effects 10...)

Keep meaning to 'roof test' my pelican case by sealing a (cheap) Md
recorder and mic pair inside it and dropping it first in my tub and then
the Bay ~ curious if the water-plastic-air-conventional mic boundaries let
anything interesting through... :/

best,
 aaron

  ghede@xxxxxxxx