RE: [microsound] war & religious fanatism

Regards,
=20
Rudy Carrera
Fal=E7ata-Galia Recordings
Tariff Records
PO Box 134
Rialto, California 92377 USA
http://www.falcata-galia.com
http://www.tariffrecords.com
http://members.tripod.com/musicsource7/index.htm
 Hello there;

>I agree with what you're saying. Basically, again, it's freedom=20
>of choosing your religion, political allegence and use of your freedom
of
>speech.  I was looking for that very article but I couldn't find the
link=20
>again. I dont think that some crasy christians fanatic red neck
running=20
>hot on the heel of soldiers would convince muslims to consider=20
>christianity. They would more likely to split more people than unite
them,=20
>leading to the kind of things that's happening right now I'm afraid.

This happens all the time when new religions are introduced, but it's
part of the normal process.  Religions come in and establish themselves
deeply.

>Dont get me wrong, I'm a white dude and catholic raised,(altough I dont
>really believe all that mumbo jumbo). so I'm not really taking side.

Remember that some of us do, though.  I'd like to think it's a bit more
than "mumbo jumbo," but no offense is being taken.

> The "One=20
>track minds" of any background are basically the problem I guess.  The=20
>Buchevites are not out there to promote freedom that's for sure. It's
money=20
>power, that's all it is.

Not always.  People get too cynical sometimes.

>  Ask that Graham dude to leave behind all is Money=20
>or better yet, give it to the Iraqi people and go to that country and
help=20
>the needy Iraqis by reconstucting with his hands on the fields where it

>count to see what he would do.

I agree with this.  If you wish to give money, it should be with no
strings attached.  But you know the old saying, "There's no such thing
as a free lunch."  It applies here just the same.

>Cause that's what The Catholic religion is suppose to be about.

Graham is a Protestant.  Big difference.  But the idea of charity is
universal, definitely.  I volunteer a lot of time for people whenever I
can, and don't charge for my time.  Corporate bodies don't have the
ability to do this, and definitely won't if they have their own agenda.

>Giving to the one who need the most and protect the=20
>children and so on. Ooops, not exacly what is happening.

Not necessarily true.  As usual, it depends on who you talk to.

> Like somebody said, bombing for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Oh, man, I'm keeping that one!  That's a good one...

>And you know, Muslims recognise and accept Jesus in their religion.
He's >one of the prophets for them. (according to a praticing muslim
friend of >mine from Algeria) I was quite surprise to learn about that
one.

Not me.  As  being half of Spanish extraction (from the North, where
we're much more conservative traditionally), I'm very aware of Islam's
role regarding Christ.  He is Issa to them, the Prophet who came back to
life.  However, the radical idiot clerics who wish to kill the Crusaders
forget that we're supposed to be people of the same Book.  A shame.

>Anyway, We're not out of the wood yet, I'm afraid.

Take heart.  The situation looks to be winding down.

As an amusing side note, the journalists from Al-Jazeera were chased to
the Kuwaiti border from Basra, apparently angry at what they perceived
to be crap biased coverage from that station.

May Saddam rot in hell.

Best,

Rudy=20