From: darren bergstein [mailto:eimag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]=20
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 9:11 PM
To: microsound@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; idm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; idm-m@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
ambient@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [microsound] now available - e|i issue one

hello to all:

* NOW AVAILABLE *

e|i issue one
+ music electronic & otherwise +

there's no denying the impact technology has had on music, as its effect

on sound design over the course of the 20th century has been nothing if=20
not profound.

the cut-and-paste tape editors and analogue pioneers of yesteryear, the=20
continuing evolution of instrumentation and sound-sourcing media, and a=20
rich history of experimentation and daring have ushered in the=20
contemporary era of the digital sound wrinkle.

e|i spans the continuum of electronica, experimentalism and the=20
avant-garde, shattering genre margins to encompass the past, the present

and the future - as the true enthusiast's publication documenting a=20
broad spectrum of sonic textures, tastes and motifs, each issue offers=20
provocative interviews, historical overviews, enlightening reviews and=20
bracing new views.

featuring interviews with:
+ ...and critical overview of the work of morton subotnick
+ benge & his superb electronica label expanding
+ russian pioneer artemiy artemiev plus an examination of his=20
electroshock label
+ kurt ralske (242.pilots mainman)
+ microsound maven kim cascone
+ unsung 80s ambient denizen k.leimer and his resurrected label palace=20
of lights
+ plankton man (of the nortec collective)

plus:
+ an overview of the spanish electronica diaspora
+ catching up with steve roach's 2002 core recordings
+ profiling labels multimood, accretions, red antenna & geometrik
+ plus well over 140+ reviews off both disc & wax

single issue copies are $5 - subscriptions can be obtained by going=20
right to the e|i website:

www.ei-mag.com

and if you're on the east coast, be sure to come down to our new york=20
city launch party on sunday may 4 @ tonic, featuring a bright new=20
amalgamation of sounds from the multiple frequency bandwidth that is the

red antenna label. more details to follow.

come along as we storm the studio.

darren bergstein
publisher/editor

* * *