Re: [microsound] arranging & the like

I like your idea of having visual models to describe sound.  It's not a
new one.  People have been "writing" music for a long time.  What you are
saying is that we can map some minimalist visual art to some music.  I
think we can map just about anything to music (or anything to anything,
for that matter!).

I have been experimenting a lot with using binary files as audio sources.
Binary, as you may know, is very structured.  However, to the human ear it
sounds utterly chaotic.  The changes happen so quickly that there appears
to be no order.  The effect is alienating, but the ear also senses the
alienation as digital.  It's definitely not the sound of a burbling brook,
but the sound of running water is also 'random'.

I think any people crave that feeling of alienation because it makes us
feel human and feel the difference between ourselves and our environment.
It's almost impossible to go somewhere and be entirely alienated.  We may
travel and see and do things that we've never seen or done before but we
have usually seen other people do them or read about them.

Anyway, that's my little disjointed piece about the relevance of
microsound in our culture.

Peace.