installation/sound/movement

Hi,
During a recent trip, I had the chance to visit the 'Living Inside the
Grid' exhibition at  the New Museum of Cont. Art in NYC. One of the works
was an interactive one, where the audience stands under a camera and some
kind of mechanism that has sensors (or something like that), and as the
audience moves, her/his movements are captured by this mechanism and are
reflected through the projector on to the screen in different shapes and
colors. It was very interesting and I was wondering if there is a similar
experiementation done with sound. I mean, a mechanism that would capture
your movements and reflect them as sound. I would absolutely *love* an
installation of that sort, in fact I would then start making music :)

I would appreciate any info on the matter.

thanks,,
senom