Re: mika vainio

Hi,

>I just got the latest Mika Vainio CD "in the land of the blind the one-eyed
>is king" very very nice work...it has a electro-acoustic feel to it while
>exploring
>new territories...discreet events, backwards sounds, reverb splashes,
>rumbles, treated field recordings, aliased sine waves all mixed into a
>tasty
>electronic goulash...highly recommended...

I have his Ydin CD here for sale to anyone who wants it for $15 US, it's in
near mint condition. Some details are: Ydin (Finnish for 'core') is a set of
eleven tracks flowing into each other and extended over 74 minutes of dark
haunting beauty. The package is a heavy-paper digifile and the package is
laminated. Limited edition of 1000 copies. Mika Vainio is one half of
Pan(a)Sonic and records under his own name as a sound
sculptor/installation/artist/rockabilly DJ. This is a 74-minute collection
of abrasive bursts and gliding drones, it should open everyone's ears (and
eyes, Leif Elggren cover art) to a world of non-digital possibilities in a
suddenly flooded pool of cracked-(l)app(top) applicators. Payment accepted
through Paypal (Worldwide) or Cash(AUS$).  Shipping will depend on where you
are and how you want it sent. As a rough guide within Australia it'll be ~$3
and R.O.W. it'll be ~$8 AUS (around $2 and $5 US) for standard airmail.

Thanks for your time,

John

MSN Instant Messenger now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_messenger.asp