Stockhouse'n

I guess this could be old news but there is a "composition
competition" in the vein of the McDonna re-mix party we all
attended... but this time it's with the "Prafessa" (but where's
MaryAnne?)

Professor Stockhausen has developed an approach to creating music
which he calls "formula composition". For this contest at ACIDplanet,
he has provided Sagittarius from his Tierkreis (Zodiac) as the
formula, along with 12 sound samples and instructions. Following his
instructions, excerpts from the sound samples are to be transposed
onto the pitches of the formula after it has been stretched in time
by a factor of eight. Inside the time span of this stretched version
of the formula, various other versions of the formula can be
juxtaposed and superimposed.

http://www.acidplanet.com/contests/stockhausen/
--
CommTom
Communications of Tomorrow

unique electronic music for the adventurous ear.
http://www.commtom.com