Re: [microsound] the politics of the proper name -- mp3 or terrorist?

as a resident of oregon this caught my attention and I
went to the Oregon State Legislature's site to read the
bill myself.  Though I am no legal scholar, I believe this
article is misleading.  The meat of the bill  (if I am
reading correctly) is to define terrorism, albeit in a
very vaguely, widely written and frightening way, and to
make it a crime.  Section 3 of this bill just amends
Oregon state law to include terrorism and place it
alongside existing crimes like:

(39) Unlawful recording of a live performance, as defined
in
ORS 164.869.

40) Unlawful labeling of a videotape recording, as defined
inORS 164.872.

Not to mention the usual gamut of crimes like Drunken
Driving and Prostitution.

I don't know why it is illegal to label a video
incorrectly but I have a few guess's that make it not so
outlandish as it may seem on the face.

I will definitely call my state senator about this poorly
written definition of terrorism that has broad,
frightening consequences, but I think this article was a
little too sensational. Then again, I did read the law and
I am more informed, so I guess it was good thing it was
written so sensationally.

Personal Disclaimer: I am not a legal scholar so I could
be reading this entirely wrong.

Kyle