Re: [microsound] Matrix muzak

>  > >
>>  >
>>  >and the neo-luddism...
>>  >

>>  i didn't notice any neo-luddite themes... but then i am a bit thick
>>  in the skull.
>
>Don't scare me... it's the whole premise of the movie, right? Maybe it's
>just good, old-fashioned luddism.  That technology will destroy us--that
>we must rise up and smash the technological demons with our superior
>humanism...

uh.... maybe i saw a diff movie... what about the scene in
engineering in Zion? where the old guy is talkin about how without
those machines there would be no way to survive? seems more about
control structures. also if the machines were destroyed, what would
end up happening to all the people? they'd all be these atrophied
flesh wads with no way of even feeding themselves, where would they
live? in Zion? what keeps Zion going? Machines. I don't think it's
about destroying them at all.
--
CommTom
Communications of Tomorrow

unique electronic music for the adventurous ear.
http://www.commtom.com