Re: [microsound] Re: Luddism was Matrix muzak

> The maintenence and repair and upkeep of our machines, all too
> regularly...They've already enslaved us. With that said, I'm fine with it.

I see your point but by your logic one could also say that we are enslaved
by sleeping and eating and taking dumps.  Imo, the criteria for slavery
consists of more than the time taken by doing something.  It's a matter of
choice.  I choose to spend almost all of my waking hours in front of a
computer because I find it interesting and I learn many things and I am
afraid of people.  There are both constructive and destructive reasons for
my use of technology but nowhere in there is anyone/anything using force
to take away my freedom.

I smoke cigarettes too.  It's not that different.  I am not a slave to
tobacco companies or cigarettes.  I am a slave to my own choices as are we
all, in everything.  What we choose cannot be unchosen and to me a lack of
awareness about what we are doing is far more threatening to ourselves
than any external forces that we are met with.

rant over