Re: [microsound] Re: Andrew Duke City Takes A Breath uploaded/Matrixmuzak

depends on how you define electronic music neil - justin timberlake's records
are made with the same computers that everyone else has... as you're so fond
of saying, it's not the technology but how you use it... there's that great
quote on the modulation documentary... drawing attention to fact that many
pop records are in fact 'more electronic' than the electronic ones, i.e.
there is more digital technology, computers, and studio gear used to produce
a celion dion record than, say, a naw record.

also, i would also argue that the majority of so-called 'rnb' is pretty much
dominated by samples and drum machines, not to mention poppy rap music as
well, which is a major component of pop music scene in the us and globally
(unfortunately). since the eighties a huge chunk of pop music has been
electronic - from depeche mode to right said fred. but i know what you mean -
you mean 'good' electronic music;) and yes, i agree.  but first we/they have
to work on making good films first, then we can worry about their
soundtracks!!!

g.