Re: [microsound] [ot] berio r.i.p.

Tim Kugel writes:
> actually I had  totally forgotten that "1" - I got this record so
> long ago!
> thank you Paulo!
> by the way, all i have, and it is precious little, is on vinyl. Is
> there a recommended CD collection out already?

I have the Berio/Maderna split release on BVHaast which focuses upon
their electronic/concrete works, and it includes Momenti, Thema - Omaggio
a Joyce, and Visage; and also a disc on Philips that includes Differences
(for 5 instruments & magnetic tape). The BVHaast release was unfortunate
in that it would have been very nice to have been all Berio
electronic/concrete works, instead of a split with Maderna, since Berio
has enough of such works to fill a entire disc on his own. And also
because I have a whole cd devoted to Maderna's electronic works that
include all of the pieces on the BVHaast release. And I have a Turnabout
record that includes the source recording of Cathy Berberian
vocalizations that were used for Omaggio a Joyce that was not included on
the cd release, which makes the record all the more integral. Other Berio
electronic works include:
mimusique #1 (1953)
mutazioni (1955)
perspectives (1957)
il mito del buon selvaggio (1957)
Esposizione l (1962)
Esposizione ll (1962)
Yep, another 20th century classical giant moves onward....

Much Respect, Dale

Dale Lloyd:  http://www.and-oar.org/dalelloyd.html

and/OAR:  http://www.and-oar.org/

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!