Re: AW: [microsound] Asmus Tietchens

Good point. He does reject the term 'drone.' However, if one were to attemp=
to speak of his work, how would one describe it? New Music?
Electro-acoustic? At least as the 'grand-daddy of German drones,' he's
positioned as the forefather of today's drone artists, post-industrialists,
etc, and by this I mean of course primarily Thomas K=F6ner.

I've checked out Tietchen's site, but would be interested in hearing more
about his work, if anyone cares to share.

best, tobias

> In a message dated 30/05/2003 09:21:38 GMT Daylight Time, yves_tk@xxxxxxx
> writes:
>=20
>=20
>> p.s.: for his own work tietchens strongly rejects the term 'drone'
>>=20
>=20
> i'd agree with him, i dont think i've got anything by him that I'd call
> drone.
> Fave Asmus of mine include Sinkende Schwimmer, pretty old by now, but cla=
ss,
> small exquisite sound minatures, and Glimmen, which is huge and cavernous=
,
> with some rhythm and some of the oddest vocals i've heard in a long time.=
>=20

tobias c. van Veen -----------
http://www.quadrantcrossing.org
http://www.thisistheonlyart.com