new from and/OAR: Andrew Duke - Environmental Politics

Hello microsound group members! I'm pleased to announce the new 3"
release from Andrew Duke entitled Environmental Politics.
http://www.and-oar.org/
This new enigmatic and atmospheric release displays yet another side to
the works of the already versatile Canadian sound artist, DJ, and music
journalist Andrew Duke. It was initially intended as an abstract  sonic
commentary on how some politicians (particularly in his home town of
Halifax, Nova Scotia), tend to have misplaced priorities when it comes to
placing importance on preserving the natural environment. Therefore he
writes: "I often use the sounds of Halifax in my work as my way of
commenting on how something so beautiful (our harbor) is destroyed
through (in)action -- we've been pumping our untreated sewage into the
harbor for over 20 years and the city is still more interested in
building new roads and buildings than sewage treatment plants. There are
outbreaks every summer from people who get sick from the water because it
is so contaminated; so some of the edgier (moments) are about that --
(i.e.) the illnesses we bring upon ourselves."  Includes one track with
Anne Sulikowski (Building Houses Out Of Matchsticks). Packaged in a
mini-dvd case.
An mp3 sound sample is available at the web site. Currently , the release
can be ordered either through the and/OAR web site or through Anomalous
Records. Other distribution outlets are soon to follow.
Thanks for your time!
Cheers, Dale
Dale Lloyd:  http://www.and-oar.org/dalelloyd.html

and/OAR:  http://www.and-oar.org/