laptop music is the new jazz

> Rather, as I
>> believe devslashnull was first to observe, the laptop has
>> turned computer-based music into the new folk music.
well this might be the first connection between folk music and laptop but
the connection between electronic music genres and grass-root music has been
made over and over again...
I remember Pita mentioning the connections between jazz and laptop at a
performance/panel discussion we did in Stuttgart a couple of years ago...I
think this comment was made in response to a question from the audience
about Merzbow and Jazzkammer playing at a jazz festival in EU somewhere...