Re: [microsound] Classical music is booming, contrary to the pessimism of most inthe business

Must I say "I think" before every opinion?  You can be pretty sure that
when someone voices an opinion it is their opinion.  Also, I think you may
have missed it when I said "most music is boring trite and lazy".  And
another line you may have missed: "Do not let my irony betray my
sincerity".  The orangutan thing was a joke.  I was honestly asking you
what you like about modern classical.  Any particualar composers, pieces
you might point me to in order to sway my opinion?

It is not a genre or an aesthetic that I'm attacking here.  It is a
general truth about music and art in general that rarely does an artist
come along that stirs things up.  I'm not talking intellectually, I mean
during a performance, consistently shakes the audience, allows them to
journey past the intellectual if they dare.

I am glad to have a discussion with you but I ask you to lighten up a
little.  If I was offended everytime someone told me that my music sounded
like a circus band or like nintendo gone haywire or some such, I would be
a nervous wreck.  So much art takes itself too seriously and ends up
having a premature heart-attack.  You don;t know me so I'm telling you.  I
like to make broad sweeping genrealzations that I don't necessarily
believe because it pricks people and causes them to reveal themselves.
Underhanded, possibly but nonetheless effective.

best,