Re: [microsound] pc users

well...if you're just interested in some various softwares I would suggest
buzz and reaktor.  There is also a PC version of Live that is an excellent
sample based app.  I don't really use cubase but you might want to check
that out as well if you're interested in more advaced midi sequencing and
recording than buzz has to offer.