Re: [microsound] laptop music is the new jazz (sorry for talking so much)

--part1_177.1b6cec41.2c0e6845_boundary

I dunno, I'm not sure if I understand the significance of the laptop/jazz
comparison... but I've always kind of thought that on the whole electronic music
has a similar social history to jazz having started in clubs, enjoyed some
mainstream success, then moved into more out-there territory until it became
Ornette Coleman/Otomo Yoshide. I don't know much, has anyone else looked into
these sorts of similarities?
bc

--part1_177.1b6cec41.2c0e6845_boundary--