Re: [microsound] audio engineering schools and programs

On Wed, Jun 04, Tim Kugel wrote:
> Are there any list recommendations for schools or programs in audio
> engineering? Or advice for a young beginner?
>
> My friend who went to the open mic event, has decided to pursue this
> direction. Has anyone got a recommendation for a degree program?

just finishing "BA (Hons) Audio Recording Arts at SAE London
(http://www.sae.edu http://www.saeuk.com/) and it's been full 22
months of work that i was quite satisfied with. some people were not
happy with the school and value for money, but i was. especially the
direction that i was able to decide on for my final degree "research
project" - which is very culturaly/theoreticaly oriented (he, it has
"laptop" in the title ;))

all in all, it's a fast lane to a true university degree and hands on to
all the basic equipment from mics to mixing, analogue and digital audio,
big f**-all consoles (Neve, SSL), MIDI, ProTools...

what i liked the most was no  directions in terms of aesthetics/genre
etc. so it's possible to go through with all the experimental ideas
intact :)))

check the urls.

ll.
--
luka princic < nova at skylined.org > sonic artitecture
gpg: 8E52 EBF8 D143 3C8B 4353  DA79 96EE 0CD0 28F1 A432

-
+